Software apps and online services
An efficient water management (farm based) system for various crops based on the requirement, climatic conditions, and other factors.
The projects accomplishes:
- Efficient usage of water in the farm field
- Calculates the exact amount of water required by the plant (not more not less)
- Efficient prevention of intrusion near the crops
- Increases the yield of crops by reporting data regarding the Light, Climatic conditions in atmosphere and soil thereby indicating the required changes
- Data analysis of the habitat of crops – the more device is used the more it makes the growth efficient
- Everything brought to the palm of Farmer’s hand or ear using application/Alexa respectively
The AWS loft created an environment to trigger innovation in us. Initially with no prior ideas we started to brainstorm and ended up in a project to protect the Plants in Farms as well conserve water. Thanks to the theme #HackThePlanet and the Vegetarian/Vegan food which motivated us to think with a high respect regarding the plants that feed us. Considering the conservation of water which our Planet is desperately craving in we prevent the wastage of water as well with efficient usage (not more not less) there by assuring no damage to the crops.
To promote the plants to thrive in the field as well as to drastically increase the yield and efficient growth in “Organic Manner” we consider the historical habitat data of the plant and ensure the right conditions by measuring the Moisture in the Atmosphere and Soil, Temperature, exposure to sun light. Additionally, based on a survey with some committed kitchen gardeners motion sensing is done in proximity to the crops to detect any intrusion and notifying the user. The User gets notified with an app or Alexa notification and a buzzer for all the data at a threshold level.The Problem:
- Water is an essential resource is to be conserved and used efficiently – Absence of proper irrigation system
- Fuel used in a Irrigation System
- Watering the plants and sometimes leading to damage of crops with more or very less water levels.
- Wasted yield due to intrusion near the plants (especially animals)
- Fertilizers used heavily to promote efficient growth and yield in contrast to organic growth
- No data on the habitat of crops considered to make key decision in the crop life cycle
- Ensuring a proper irrigation system by conserving the water and effectively using it
- Usage of fuel to Zero using IOT AWS device
- Analyse plant species data and protect plants by ensuring right amount of water
- Protect the yield by ensuring an intrusion detection system
- Proper eradication of excess water
- Analyse the habitat data of the crops growing in different climatic conditions based on the usage of the device and providing hints to make a better decision
- Healthy human beings like before – Organic food
- Extend lifespan of our planet by effectively using water
- Reduction in the use of non-renewable resources
- Effective yield to support the demand
- Analyse the plant habitat data collecting the behaviour of plants at various climatic conditions and effectively bringing about some changes by making wise decisions with the data collected in the span of the device usage
- Intel Edison and Grove IOT Starter Kit Powered by AWS
- Alexa / Android Application
The two days of Hackathon motivated us to learn a lot and come out with an initial prototype of our idea. Out of the many challenges we could come out with a prototype though not perfect, a functional model of where we were heading to.
Collaborated from the Hackathon we have built a prototype close to what we tried to achieve and further take this project to next level by enhancing them and bring about a big change in the Irrigation system of the Farms.
Thanks to Hackster.io for the opportunity and such a motivation past 2 days !