The goal for this project was simple: to enable users to make their own quiz for Alexa - without developing a custom skill.
The user writes their multiple-choice questions through our mobile-friendly web-app. The quiz is immediately available to play through the Alexa Quiz Maker skill.
1. Go to myquiz.space. Hit the save button.
2. Say "Alexa, enable Quiz Maker"
3. Say "Alexa, open Quiz Maker" and provide your Quiz ID.
The system is architected for and runs entirely on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform, leveraging a range of cloud services:
- Lambda: powering the Alexa skill code and webapp API
- DynamoDB: persistence of Alexa session data
- S3: user data storage and webapp hosting
- API Gateway: http endpoints for invocation of lambda functions
- Cloudfront: webapp distribution
- Cloudwatch: logging, metrics and alarms
- SNS: instant Slack notification of Cloudwatch alarms
- IAM: user access control
- ACM: SSL certificate management
The core logic of the Alexa Skill is derived from the Alexa Trivia Sample. Question data is loaded dynamically from JSON files stored on S3.
Always happy to help! Drop me an email: email@example.com