|Software apps and online services:|
Learning about gamification is important to teachers, business managers, even parents. Have you heard about kids earning screen time by doing chores or reading books? The principles of intrinsic motivation help to make work fun for knowledge workers.
The skill is published in the UK and US Alexa Skill store:
Gamification: “the use of game mechanics and experience design to digitally engage and motivate people to achieve their goals”
Burke, B. (2014, April 4). Gartner Redefines Gamification. Retrieved March 2, 2016, from
- The gamification industry is expected to grow to over $2 billion in the U.S. by 2015, according to M2 Research. (Huffington Post)
- 61% of surveyed CEOs, CFOs, and other senior executives say they take daily game breaks at work. More than half of these gameful executives say they play during work in order “to feel more productive.” (Ryan Jenkins)
- By 2014…more than 70% of Global 2000 organizations will have at least one gamified application, driving 50% of all innovation. (Engagement Alliance)
- Since 2010, over 350 companies have launched major gamification projects. These include consumer brands like MLB, Adobe, NBC, Walgreens, Ford, Southwest, eBay, Panera, and more. (Huffington Post)
- In the United States alone, there are 183 million active gamers. Those gamers play 13 hours a week on average. (Ryan Jenkins)
- Almost 80% of the learners say that they would be more productive if their university/institution or work was more game-like. (Talent LMS)
- Over 60% of learners would be motivated by leader boards and increased competition between students. 89% say that a point system would increase their engagement with an eLearning application. (Talent LMS)
- By 2018, the Global Gamification Market will reach $5.5Bn. (Engagement Alliance)
A Study in Gameful Thinking :: Gamification
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!