With this skill, you can ask Trademark Master to tell you if any string has already been registered.
Setup AWS Lambda
- Go to the AWS Console and click on the Lambda link. Note: Ensure you are in US-east or you won't be able to use Alexa with Lambda.
- Click on the Create a Lambda Function or Get Started Now button.
- Name the Lambda Function "
- Select the runtime as Node.js
index.js files from the respective codes included in the code section below. Remember to change the App ID in
- Select the above two files and then create a zip file.
- Select Code entry type as "
Upload a .ZIP file" and then upload the
.zip file to the Lambda.
- Keep the Handler as
- Create a basic execution role and click Create.
- Leave the Advanced settings as the defaults.
- Click "
Next" and review the settings then click "
- Click the "
Event Sources" tab and select "
Add event source".
- Set the Event Source type as Alexa Skills kit and Enable it now. Click Submit.
- Copy the ARN from the top right to be used later in the Alexa Skill Setup.
Setup Alexa Skill
- Go to the Alexa Console and click
Add a New Skill.
- Set "
Trademark Master" as the skill name and "
trademark master" as the invocation name, this is what is used to activate your skill. For example you would say: "Alexa, ask Trademark Master to search for Facebook".
- Select the Lambda ARN for the skill Endpoint and paste the ARN copied from above. Click Next.
- Copy the Intent Schema from the Intent Schema included in the code section below.
- Copy the Sample Utterances from the Sample Utterances included in the code section below. Click Next.
- Go back to the skill Information tab and copy the App ID. Paste the App ID into the
index.js file for the variable
APP_ID, then update the Lambda source zip file with this change and upload to Lambda again, this step makes sure the Lambda function only serves request from authorized source.
- You are now able to start testing your sample skill! In order to test it, try to say some of the Sample Utterances from the Examples section below.
- Your skill is now saved and once you are finished testing you can continue to publish your skill.
Here is the published link to this skill.